Sunday, January 20, 2008

My Favourite Movie Dialogue:



Among many movies I watched "V for vendetta" was something different in every sense may it be regarding the screenplay,script,story and reamining.BUt the best part is the dialogues and their delivery by the actors.And among many impotant,good,punching dialogues i like this dialogue the most.It has got "50 V's" if the last V where V introduces himself is also included.The another good part of the movie is watever xpression is required ,the guy fawkes mask just happen to have that xpression for that scene.whether its my illusion or watever i dunno but it just suits the xpression,especially when V tells the following dialogue......


""
VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant and vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose,
so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me "V"".



The meaning (not xact) but when translated from latin to english would come as

"Behold! In sight, a retired entertainer cast indirectly as both victim and villan by the changes of Fate. This mask, no show of pride, is a trace of the people’s voice, now empty, gone. However, this brave visit of a by-gone irritaion stands animated, and has promised to destroy these corruptable and malicious vermin facing the front of immoral conduct and giving the violently vicious and power-hungry voilotion of will! The only choice is revenge, a feud, held as a wish, not unsuccessful, for the value and truthfulness of shuch shall one day clear the names of the watchful and the morally good. In truth, I need to shut up now because I am becoming too wordy, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me “V”".

3 comments:

manisha said...

nd wat exactly does vi veri veniversum vivus vici mean?? :P

AVINASH said...

It means "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe" in LAtin....

PRASANTH CHANDRA said...

Seriously I dont know this..!!

I love V for Vendetta..

And this dialogue ( although I dont know the meaning till now) is my favourite.

Thanks for the translation..